The results of the year for the world labor market are that IT professionals are still in high demand, personnel decisions will become even more balanced, companies will fight for the best cadres.
In the new year, demand will grow especially for developers of mobile applications, web app developers for hire, cybersecurity professionals, Big Data analysts. And this is not the final list: companies expect not only specialists but by people with interdisciplinary knowledge.
In addition, in need of optimization of staffing processes, companies are ready to spend money on good developers of the right software and pay high web app developer salary to the best cadres.
What Skills and Technologies Are in The Top
According to the research of Forbes, web app programmers possessing them will be in the greatest demand in the following areas of IT.
- Development of AI solutions. This is a stable trend for several years now, and in 2018 this sphere will be especially accessible for professionals.
- An ability to develop augmented reality apps. As innovation is just beginning to develop, open-minded people will be able to realize their potential here.
- Data Science skills. Leading global companies, as well as most medium and even small businesses, have already realized the importance of working with Big Data, so the demand for specialists in this industry will only increase.
- Mobile Application Development. This is also a trend of recent years, which is not going to slow down but will only strengthen its position leading to demand for developers for mobile platforms.
- Creation of cybersecurity solutions. The issue of security is also one of the most urgent in the field of information technology at the moment.
- The development of cloud technologies and software as a service will lead to an ever-increasing need to hire a saas application developers.
- Applied Machine Learning. Machine learning tends to save people from routine work. Professionals who know how to create such solutions will also be in the top.
- Analytical skills. This is a universal ability, but in the IT sphere, it becomes even more important. This means the involvement of programmers in all business processes, none of which can do without analytics.
As for the demanded technologies that a web app coder should possess in 2018, it is possible to underline the following ones.
- In recent years, the demand for Ruby developers is noted, according to statistics of Indeed.
- This language was and is one of the most necessary and popular, so the demand for specialists is clear.
- UX/UI. As the determining factors for the demand for applications, UX/UI professionals remain in the top.
- According to statistics of Indeed, DevOps professionals are in the top three in terms of search frequency.
- Cloud technologies. Cloud storage of data is already real, so the demand for engineers in this industry does not fall.
Countries Urgently Need Competent Developers
- The economic situation in Denmark contributes to the prosperity of the IT sector, writes Nordic Business Insider, but the current number of local developers cannot meet the demand, growing exponentially.
- According to the above resource, a similar situation can also be observed in Finland.
- The USA. This may sound surprising, but there are also problems in the American IT sector. Being a world leader in developing innovative solutions, the country lacks not in the number of specialists, but in their quality. For this reason, companies are ready to increase the salaries of specialists even more, but they want to see real talent, rather than average abilities.