WordPress offers a series of tools to help you build a successful website, included many useful plugins.
One of the most important aspects that you should look after is search engine optimization: metadata, sitemap, URL, title and links are all part of the SEO game.
Fortunately, there are several plugins to help you with this.
In today’s post, I want to introduce you WordPress SEO plugin by DELUCKS, a valid alternative to the most popular solutions out there.
How WordPress SEO Plugin by Delucks Works
First, install the plugin by following the standard procedure (searching for it on your WP dashboard), or by directly upload the file that you can get here at the WordPress depository.
The basic version of the plugin offers the following features:
- URLs optimization.
It gives what you need to optimize your website and you may choose to leave it as it is, installing the default settings:
Or, you can dig more to understand how to properly set up these features.
Discover more by reading the following paragraphs.
Setting up the metadata is the most basic, but at the same time, most important SEO task.
They are not visible upfront on your website (find them on the source code), but they are responsible for Google’s visual search results:
- Meta Title: this is the first information, what users see of your WordPress website content in the search results. The meta title is just for the front page of your site – all other meta titles will be generated based on this logic (content title + site name) on each post, page etc.
- Meta Description: this is the description for each content (pages, posts, etc.). If you don’t want to add a description manually, it will be taken from WordPress excerpts (however, it is recommended to write your own unique description, adding the focus keyword, which you can set up through the text optimization module).
- Indexation settings: here you can define the rules for your paginated sites, categories and taxonomies in search results. For example, if they should be indexed and their links should be followed (the easiest way is to index and follow all of them).
- Canonical Tag: this means if your WordPress website can be reached through multiple domains (e.g. www.reviewzntips.com and www.reviewzntips.net). Normally, you want it to be listed under only one domain, to avoid confusion.
- Webmaster Tools Verification: here you can add the authorization codes for the Google and Bing Webmaster Tools to proof your authorship of your blog. You can also verify your Pinterest and Alexa account.
Here’s a video that explains this section:
Sitemaps are the blueprints for your website. Use them to give search engines the hierarchical list of all your content: pages, posts and all custom post types.
Standard Sitemap are the “classical sitemaps”, which contain the list of all your content.
However, you may want to activate the image, video or Google news sitemap too (more information about this can be found here).
Use this module to add your tracking analytics code (from Google webmaster tools, for example).
Track your traffic, visitor and understand all the numbers to learn how to improve your WordPress website.
You may want to use the statistics widget of WordPress SEO plugin by DELUCKS and combine it with Google Analytics, to powercharge your statistics.
Here’s a video guide for this section:
Use this section to optimize URLs.
A URL contains everything and can be seen in the address bar of your browser (e.g. http://reviewzntips.com/wordpress-seo-plugin-by-delucks/).
The URL is also known in WordPress as the permalink. It’s really important, because you can add the relevant keywords for your pages, posts etc. to be displayed below the title in Google’s search result pages.
A useful guide about this section can be found at WordPress SEO by DELUCKS site.
Premium Plugin Features
In addition to what can be found in the free version, the premium plugin offers the following features:
Breadcrumbs: they are very useful for your visitors to understand where they are in your website. Also, these navigation paths are shown above all in the mobile search results by Google instead of the URL of your page, making headway in desktop search results too.
Links: with this module you can control the behavior of the website concerning outgoing links.
Microdata (or structured data): it is a particularly highlighted information that can be displayed directly in the search results of Google. You are surely aware of rich snippets, which contain video previews, price and event information, or contact data.
- Rating: Amazon is the best example of how the visitors opinion helps the search to improve its results. Not only shop items can be reviewed, but also blog posts, for example.
Social Sharing: search engines use reactions of social media users to get a human feedback for relevant content. So the better and more natural your website feedback (e.g. social shares) grows, the more important your website will be graded.
Text optimization: this module helps optimizing your content based on specific keywords. It checks automatically if you use your keyword in the title, description and content.
Premium Plugin Price
As you have read, you can decide to use just the free version.
But, if you want to leverage the power of this plugin, you should opt for the premium version.
For each new installation, you will receive the premium version for 30 days for free. Simply download the plugin and activate the test version in your WP dashboard.
Once the trial has finished, you can decide to purchase the license, starting at $40:
WordPress SEO plugin by DELUCKS is a valid alternative to all the popular SEO plugins out there.
Compared to other plugins like Yoast, this plugin is faster and optimized for multi-lingual websites. The premium version is also much cheaper.
It’s responsive and has the option to directly import all or specific settings and meta data from the Yoast SEO plugin.
But what really is different from the others is that WordPress SEO plugin by DELUCKS really helps creating relevant content: it has a WDF*IDF context analysis included, which analyze competitor websites and then tells which words you can mention to become more competitive.
Additionally, you can create rich snippets with the implemented microdata module in a super easy way (e.g. for YouTube videos), in combination with the rating module also with rating stars (which then be integrated into WordPress comments system). The rating system gives you the opportunity to implement user generated content/reviews, which is an additional relevance boost.
So, what do you think?
Are you going to test WordPress SEO plugin by DELUCKS?
Please share your views in the comments below, thanks!